As part of the application process, the doctor will nominate:
- A pharmacy from which the medicinal cannabis can be collected by the patient
- A Medicinal cannabis product
The pharmacy will generally be:
- A local pharmacy convenient for the patient.
- If the prescribed formulation contains the active THC, the pharmacy will require the appropriate approvals to supply schedule 8 products.
Upon approval of access, the doctor will provide the wholesaler of the approved
medicinal cannabis product with a copy of the relevant approval documents (from
state and federal bodies) and a script.
The wholesaler will then supply the pharmacy with:
- A copy of the approval documents (from state and federal bodies) and a script.
- Product for patient pick up.
Orders are generally dispatched from wholesalers Monday – Wednesday to avoid storage by couriers over a weekend period.
Please note, medicinal cannabis products cannot be dispatched until all approvals and associated script have been received.
The process can be done as quickly as 4 days.